Thursday 15 February 2007

Job hunting

Hello to everyone!

It was about time to post something myself. I will agree with Philippos that Aris's (is that right?) post was intimidating and I was worried that I cannot match his piece. Finally, I accepted that I cannot write something of a similar level, so there is my post!

Most of you know that I have taken the brave or stupid decision, time will be my judge, to come to London looking for a job. Being here for a month, has taught me a great lesson already. You dont look for a job, you hunt it! Honestly it is an arena out there and the one who has the best weapons wins.

I am wondering now how good are my weapons and sometimes I feel that go out to fight, just with a sling-shot. I am throwing little stones, pebbles if you will, to giants like JPMorgan, HSBC, hoping i will hit them and they will notice me. I take courage by David's story however, you know against Goliath, I will knock those giants down!

The funny thing is that everyone says that they really appreciate your skills and that your CV is mpressive, but they wont proceed with your application. They are such bad liars!

Any of you who feels the same, dont worry you are not alone!

No comments: